Reasons to say no to Credit Cards
Some personal safety tips while using an ATM/Debit card:
- Be aware of your surroundings when withdrawing funds always use ATM’s located inside banks.
- If it looks like someone has tampered with the ATM equipment, don’t use it.
- While typing in your pin, cover the keypad so others can’t see.
- After completing your transaction, remember to remove your card, and collect cash and any printed documents such as receipts or statements.
- Put your money and ATM card away before you leave the ATM. Always avoid showing your cash.
- Always verify that the amount you withdrew or deposited matches the amount printed on your receipt.
Additional tips for taking care
- Report a lost or stolen ATM card immediately to the the bank.
- Don’t leave your card inside the car.
- Don’t lend your cards -credit, debit, or ATM to anyone, You are responsible for their use.
- Never tell anyone your PIN, and while creating a PIN, avoid picking a number that is easy for others to guess.
- Always keep your cards away from magnets which can erase the information stored on your card.
- On receiving a replacement card, destroy your old card.